Friday 28 May 2010

African Folksy Friday

A couple of days ago I was contacted by an English language centre in Southampton who are looking for tutor to teach maths to (mainly) Somali students for a couple of hours a week. I had an interview this morning. Seems very interesting and I think it went well. I wont know for a bit yet if they would like me to work there but I have been inspired to create a mosaic of African theme finds for this weeks Folksy Friday.

 
 
 

Batik wax print fabric by Batik Batik; Krobo beads by Dolly beads;
African lady and baby card by Nithria; Set of 6 African finger puppets by MuNGBEANS;
Silver with African turquoise earrings by PoJones; Pastel Portrait: African Boy by Megan Dowcett.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely - I really like your African finds!
x

NOfkantsCurios said...

I adore the pastel Portrait of the African boy, very powerful!

Natalie x

Kellie said...

great finds...agree with natalie on the portrait, mesmerising!
(itsthelittlethings)

Marie said...

Absolutely love the print and the finger puppets (think my children would too!). Good luck with the job, sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Marie x

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments.