Wednesday 3 November 2010

Wedding memento commission

A bit ago I was contacted by a lovely lady through Folksy, who had seen my resin jewellery there. She asked me if I could put bits of her wedding dress into resin as a memento and so she could "wear her dress again".

After a couple of messages back and forth we arranged for me to make her two pendants and two brooches containing pieces of her silk dress, pearly beads and snippets of her veil with sterling silver findings. She also wanted me to encase a tiny jay feather in a pendant for her husband.

Here's what I made for her. I'm happy to report that she liked them!!






I keep meaning to make my own bridal mementos! Really should get on and do that. I may offer it as a custom listing. What do you think?

6 comments:

quirkyhannah said...

I really like the necklaces! They are stunning and I think a lot of brides would rather like this idea.

Hannah.xxx

NOfkantsCurios said...

I think they are beautiful! You are such a clever girl!

I especially love the Jay pendant!

Natalie x

Anonymous said...

I have done some wedding dress jewellery before- my biggest problem was the satin going see-through in the resin. In the end I had to laminate it before embedding (of course it got jammed in the laminator too)....

Hannelore said...

Lovely idea, and they turned out beautiful!

Anna D'Souza said...

Lovely idea - I have shared your blog post on my facebook page for brides Anna x

Unknown said...

Thank you Anna! xxx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments.